Why (insert college)?
October 29th, 2014
Oh, the hardest essay supplement question of all: “why (insert college)?” If you’re anything like most teenagers, you don’t really know why for a lot of the colleges on your list. Your reasons (in your own head) may likely be somewhere along the lines of:
- “The campus at the school is really pretty!”
- “I think the school is an Ivy League, so it’d be cool to go there, I think”
- “The school is in a city, and I’ve always wanted to live in a city”
- “The school is my safety school and I just want to make sure I’ll end up going to college”
- “I’ve heard from a couple of adults that this is a good school”
But here’s the thing: colleges want to really know why you want to go there, not just a list of qualities about the school that could be changed to fit any other school.
I got the idea for this blog post from another blog post that actually changed the way that I view these essay prompts now. Instead of plagiarizing someone else’s work, I am going to give you the link to the post here: The Bridge Blog
Hopefully this advice helps give you the strength you need to start and finish those pesky essays!
As always, shoot any questions you have about essays to email@example.com